cards-x UK Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We recognise and are conscious that we work within an industry involved in plastic and we take seriously the responsibility that we have to educate and offer alternative products which are deemed more eco friendly , such as our Biodegradable Plastic Cards, and also Recyclable card holders and Biodegradable rigid ID card holders in which we manufacturer ourselves.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- We will actively source environmentally sympathetic alternatives to all of our plastic products.
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Incorporate environmental factors into all business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training on an annual basis.
- Minimise waste and dispose of unavoidable waste in a responsible and efficient manner.
- To conserve and protect the environment and, wherever possible, improve it through the services and products we provide.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will aim to reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles by signing up to schemes such as Cycle2Work.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
cards-x UK Limited accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
cards-x UK limited will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
The Company will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company's performance.
cards-x UK limited will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.